Rules as prescribed in The Metro Railway (Carriage and Ticket) Rules, 2019 as amended upto 27.08.2019
||Carriage of goods or luggage
||No person shall, while travelling in metro railway, carry with him any goods other than one baggage containing personal belongings not exceeding 80 cm x 50 cm x 30 cm in size and 25 kilograms in gross weight, except with prior approval of the metro railway administration.
||Prohibition against carriage of dangerous or offensive material
No person can take or cause to be taken on the metro railway any of the following
dangerous materials namely:-
- explosive substances which possess risk of explosion or fire or both
- petroleum and other inflammable liquids
- gases compressed,liquefied or dissolved under pressure
- inflammable solids
- oxidizing substances
- poisonous (toxic) substances
- acids and other corrosives
- radioactive substances
- weapons,arms and ammunition
- any Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Enhanced Conventional Weapons which possess risk to commuters or property.
No person shall take or cause to be taken on the metro railway any of the following
offensive materials namely:-
- blood dried or coagulated or decomposed, whether human or animal
- carcasses (raw meat & fish) of dead animals or of dead birds
- bones excluding bleached and cleaned bones.
- human skeleton
- parts of human body
- portable radio devices which possess risk to radio communication network and
communication based traffic control signalling network
No person shall take or cause to be taken on the metro railway live animals or birds.
Provided that a security person on duty may take along sniffer dog for the purpose of
||Persons who may carry weapons, arms, etc.
||Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules ,the members of the Armed Forces of the Union, the State Police, the Para-Military Forces, armed guards of private security agencies engaged by the metro administration, the National Cadet Corps, and other uniformed forces of the Central Government, State Governments or the Union Territory may while travelling on the metro railway in the course of their duty, carry the authorized weapons, arms and ammunition, subject to the proof of identification being furnished to the metro railway administration.
||Diseases declared to be infectious and contagious
No person who is mentally disturbed or is suffering from any infectious or contagious disease including the following shall travel in the metro railway, namely:-
- Cerebro-spinal meningitis
- Scarlet fever
- Typhus fever
- Typhoid fever
- Whooping cough
Provided that a closed (non-infective) leprosy patient carrying a certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner certifying him to be non-infective may travel in the metro railway.