RMMetro - Know Your Metro - Security
- Mumbai Metro is committed to promote and propagate the philosophy and concept of security for quality Mass Rapid Transit System, that foster a safe and secure environment for its Passengers
- Smart technologically driven Security system supported by trained manpower and procedural controls gives us end –to-end security coverage of the Stations
- Security surveillance and emergency assistance systems inside the train to ensure safety and security of our Passengers.
- Scrutinizing security incidents/breach , registration of cases and supplementing the efforts of Police in controlling the crime in Metro Premises.
Some of our security initiatives include:
1st metro in India with a real time surveillance security camera system in moving train.
Metro SecuCare Application- to receive an alert raised by commuter and to mobilize timely assistance
Preventive profiling and tracking of suspicious personnel travelling in Metro System to ensure commuters safety.
On 19th April 2017, at Asalpha Station, a lady passenger's foot got stuck in the gap between the platform and a train. MSF Lady Guard, Komal Bhosale, who was off duty and proceeding home rushed to her rescue and removed the trapped feet before the train could set off for next station. The guard by her swift action saved the passenger from grave injury. Mumbai Metro recognised the guard's act of valour and presence of mind and bestowed on her the "Metro Rakshak" medal.Prevented suicide attempt
On 30th August 2018 lady Security Guard Sunita Ahire deployed at WEH Station noticed a 33 year old man moving around suspiciously. She kept a constant vigil on that person when all of a sudden the person climbed on the railings with an intent to jump down to the road level. Sunita Ahire ran and clung on to the feet of the man thereby preventing him from jumping off. She also cried for help and other onlookers also joined in to pull the man to safety, For her courage and presence of mind Metro Management bestowed on her the “Metro Rakshak” medalTracking Valuables
On 24th September 2018, The Security official received a complaint about a missing mobile phone of a commuter. A quick scrutiny of the video recordings led the Security investigators to two miscreants who were still in the Metro system. Their movement was tracked and the moment they deboarded they were challenged by the Security team positioned at the Station. The miscreants tried to flee but were given a chase by the Security personnel and nabbed. The complaint registered at the Police station.Real time tracking of theft incidents and apprehending the perpetrator
- On 24th October 2018, an alert lady Guard Parvati Golshinge found a miscreant unzipping the backpack of a commuter and stealing his belongings. Parvati ran towards the miscreant and nabbed him before he could flee. Soon she was assisted by fellow passengers in handing the miscreant to the Security team who was later booked with the Police.
- On 21st December 2018 a lady passenger had left her wallet in a retail outlet & when she returned to fetch her wallet, found it missing. Security team on investigation and close scrutiny of video images identified the person who had picked up the wallet. Later that evening when the miscreant arrived at the Metro station, she was confronted by the Security team; she apologised for her conduct and returned the wallet back.
Is Physical frisking mandatory for all Commuters travelling by Metro?
It's mandatory. Pat down search is carried out on commuters to prevent carriage of non metallic dangerous article in person.
Are Fire arms permitted in the Metro?
Fire Arms with valid license (Original Copy) will be allowed.
Is it mandatory for all Bags and articles being carried to be screened by X ray Baggage Scanners?
Yes it is. You are requested to follow instructions given by the Security personnel’s at Metro Stations. It’s in the commuter’s interest.
Is it prohibited to wear mask, helmet or any article of clothing that covers face of the commuters while frisking?
It is mandatory for commuters to get their identity verified by showing their uncovered face to the frisking personal of the same gender. (Private screening area is provided for Female commuters).
What are the lists of articles prohibited to be carried in Metro Rail?
Section 4 of the Metro Railways (Carriage & Ticket) rules 2014 prohibits commuters from carrying the following dangerous and offensive material.
5.1 Dangerous Material:
- Explosive substances which possess risk of explosion or fire or both
- gases compressed, liquefied or dissolved under pressure
- petroleum and other inflammable liquids
- Inflammable solids
- oxidizing substances
- poisonous (toxic) substances
- acids and other corrosives
- radioactive substances
- Weapons, arms and ammunitions
- Any Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Enhanced Conventional Weapons which possess risk to passengers or property
5.2 Offensive Material:
- Blood dried or coagulated or decomposed, whether human or animal
- carcasses of dead animals or of dead birds
- bones excluding bleached and cleaned bones
- human skeleton
- parts of human body
- portable radio devices which possess risk to radio communication network and communication based traffic control signalling network
5.3 No person shall take or cause to be taken on the metro railway live animals or birds.
What is the permissible size of the Baggage’s to be carried in the Metro?
Any baggage or article not exceeding 60 cm X 45 cm X 25 cm and 15 kg in gross weight and should easily pass through X-ray Baggage Inspection System.
Can persons of Sikh religion carry a Kripan?
A 'Kripan' with a maximum length of 9 inches but a blade not exceeding 06 (six) inches, is permitted for carriage by a Sikh Passenger.
Is DFMD and HHMD checking safe for pregnant women?
Yes, it’s Safe and meets all health and safety standards.
Are Electronic equipments safe inside a X-Ray Baggage scanner?
Yes, Its absolute safe.
What happens to unclaimed Baggage at the Security check point?
Security Clearance of the unclaimed Baggage is done by Security Staff and deposited with Customer Care Officer for further disposal.
How do i register a Police Complaint?
Report your grievance to the station security personnel’s who will assist you in lodging a Police complaint.
Are Passengers who have consumed liquor allowed to travel in Metro?
Passengers who can hold themselves on their own and not creating any nuisance are permitted to travel. However, the Security Supervisor is given a discretionary power in such situation whether to allow/disallow the passengers based on his judgement.
Where do i enquire and claim my lost Baggage / Articles?
Lost Baggage’s and Articles can be enquired at CCO counter of any Station’s , however Baggage can be only claimed from Lost & Found Centre located at Andheri Metro Station.
Security Control Room OCC 4th Floor
Mumbai Metro One Pvt. Ltd.
Metro Corporate Centre
DN Nagar, 4 Bungalows
022 30091308 / 022 30091309