RMMetro - Know Your Metro - FAQs
1. Why do we need metro in Mumbai?
Due to the city’s geographical constraints and rapid population growth, road and rail infrastructure development has not been able to keep pace with growing demand over the past several decades. To reduce congestion in the city, Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) like Mumbai Metro is an ideal solution. This will not only reduce the travel time but would also provide comfortable and non-polluting travel experience.
2. How are metro different from suburban train or monorail?
A rapid transit system like metro is a technologically advanced public transport system which operates on rail tracks in an urban area with high capacity, high frequency, is fast and is segregated from other traffic – underground tunnels (subways) or elevated above street level (elevated transit line). This system is automated with respect to operations and since it has a dedicated right of way, it is able to provide high reliability to its users. Whereas, monorail is a rubber tyre guide way-based transportation system which is guided on a single beam, with a much lower carrying capacity.
3. What kind of metro network has been planned for Mumbai
Like in Delhi, Mumbai Metro network has also been planned in phases. Versova to Ghatkopar via Andheri is the 1st metro line of Mumbai. As per Mumbai Master Plan available on MMRDA website following plan has been in discussion:
4. Who will operate Mumbai Metro Line 1?
Mumbai Metro Line 1 was awarded on an international competitive bidding process on BOOT (Built Operate Own Transfer) basis for a 35-year period to consortium lead by Reliance Infra.
The Mumbai Metro Line 1’s operator is Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd (MMOPL), a special purpose company formed by Reliance Infrastructure, Veolia Transport and the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA). MMOPL is also the Metro Rail Administrator and is the Project is being operated under the provisions of the Metro Railways (Operations and Maintenance) Act, 2002.
5. How long did it take to build the metro line?
The project was inaugurated by PM Manmohan Singh in June 2006 and construction work began in February 2008 and commercial operation commenced from 8th June 2014.
6. What is the uniqueness of the project? How is it different from say Delhi Metro?
The Mumbai Metro is India's first public private partnership (PPP) metro project in which all the three phases (construction, operation and maintenance) has been undertaken by a private player.
7. What are the features of Mumbai Metro?
Mumbai Metro runs on a dedicated elevated corridor providing East – West connectivity and has been designed to deliver highest level of comfort for the passengers viz.
• Fully air-conditioned world class coaches,
• 95 escalators, 45 elevators and close to 200 staircases to enable passenger movement from the stations ,
• Modern automatic fare collection system enabling multiple fare products
• Highest levels of passenger security systems with more than 700 CCTV cameras giving live
• footage of the system including insides of the train.
• Trains are equipped with special stainless steel units inside the coaches to enable comfortable standing
• All coaches have 4 LCD screen to keep the passenger informed
• Special space for the differently-abled in each coach of the train.
7. Will it be comfortable to travel in metro?
All metro trains are air-conditioned and well ventilated, stations & trains are kept clean with the help of professional housekeeping agency to provide best possible comfort to commuters. During holidays, we advise you, your family & friends to take a joy ride on metro to discover how beautiful Mumbai looks from a metro.
8. What is the reason for delay in start of commercial operation?
a) Mumbai Metro Line I is connecting east and west Mumbai, which is a big challenge for any
b) Since the right of way was so complicated, it took lot of time to resolve right of way issues.
c) Also, since Mumbai is an old city, it has lot of utilities running underground maps for which were
not available and thus designing the foundations and executing became big challenge, it is
evident from the fact that initially 11 foundation designs became 220 designs by the time of
d) However, the project has actually been developed faster than many other projects in Mumbai. It
is no mean feat to develop such a complex project with a steel bridge, cable stayed bridge,
construction in areas like Navrang Cinema, Golibar Road where all construction had to be taken
e) Location of casting yard was 30 Kms away from the site, which presented a huge challenge in
terms of transporting girders to the site.
f) Permission for Railway Bridge itself took more than 4 years.
10. How much will it cost me to travel?
For fare details, please visit:
11. Can I purchase a monthly pass to travel?
Yes, for pass details, please visit:
12. Is there any concession for children/students/senior citizens/handicapped/group
Children below 3 feet (90 cm) can travel free when accompanied by an adult and concession for children are available on weekends. For details visit:
Apart from these, there are no concessions planned at present.
13. How do I purchase travel ticket?
One can travel by purchasing:
• Smart Card - ideal to avoid queues and frequent travel
• Travel Token - Single and Return Journey Tokens
• Paper Tickets (during special occasions only)
•Mobile Ticket – QR Code
Tokens, Paper tickets (???) and Smart Cards are available at Ticket Offices of stations.
In addition, Ticket Issuing Machines (TIMs) are available to issue token and recharge cards. We also have In Mobile Ticketing, the mobile phone can be used as a ticket, at entry and exit collection gates. This facility is available on PayTm App and Ridlr App and will soon be introduced even in the Mumbai Metro app. AmazonPay is the payment wallet for Ridlr. co-branded Smart Cards available through designated banks.
14. What kind of currencies does a TIM accept?
For Smart Card reload: TIMs accepts currency notes of any denomination.
For Token issue: TIMs accepts currency notes of Rs.10, 20 & 50 and coins of Rs. 5 & 10.
15. What is a Smart Card?
It is a contactless smart card ideal for regular commuters which can be used as:
1) A store value card - which enables commuters to "pay as you go" The Store Value Pass is an electronic purse with some pre-loaded monetary value as per your choice. Each time you use the metro, the ticket, an amount will be deducted from the monetary value stored in the Smart Card, at the exit gate as per fare chart. The minimum recharge value is Rs.100 and maximum monetary value that can be stored is Rs.3000.
2) A Trip Pass is loaded with 45 trips which is valid only for 30 days from time of purchase/reload. Once Trip pass is purchased, origin and destination station cannot be changed. Trip Pass in not refundable.
16. If I wish to use a Smart Card as a store value card, how does it work?
Smart Card when used as a store value card, works like a wallet – money is stored in the card & amount equal to usage gets reduced from it as and when a commuter travels. You are charged as per the fare chart (discounted fare compared to Tokens), no additional charge is levied. Some commuter benefits have been made available to the users of smart card.
17. If I wish to use a Smart Card as a trip pass, how does it work?
Trip Pass is loaded with 45 trips which is valid only for 30 days from time of purchase/reload. Once Trip pass is purchased, origin and destination station cannot be changed. One trip is considered when passenger makes an entry and a corresponding exit. Unutilized trips cannot be carried forward or transferred to another card. Trip Pass is non-refundable.
18. What is a Smart Card?
A Smart Card is like a debit/credit card, a chip inside.
19. What is the utility/advantage of Smart Card?
- Using Smart Card will:
- • Save time and avoid queue at ticketing office to purchase tokens.
- • Provide freedom of choice between origin and destination which is not available with tokens.
- • Passengers can avail discounts in base travel fare.
20. From where can I purchase a Smart Card?
Smart Cards can be purchased from Ticket Office or Customer Care.
21. What is the cost of Smart Card?
Standard Smart Card can be obtained by paying refundable security deposit of Rs.50, the same can be used as a store value card or a trip pass.
22. Do I need to submit any document/proof to get a Smart Card?
No document/proof is required for standard Smart Card. But document proofs would be required for personalized Smart Card as and when launched.
23. How do I recharge my Smart Card?
The Smart Cards can be recharged through Ticketing Office, TIMs and Customer Care or online using PAY TM or Ridlr App.
24. Are there different kind of Smart Cards?
Currently, we offer standard Smart Cards, A trip pass and store value pass. We also offer co-branded smart cards through ICICI and SBI banks. These cards are available through the concerned banks only.
25. How many people can travel on a single Smart Card?
Only one person is authorized to travel on one Smart Card.
26. What is the validity of Smart Card?
Validity will depend on product chosen.
Smart Card when used as Store Value Pass is valid for 180 days from the date of last recharge. After that period, the card enters a grace period of another 180 days, within which one has to recharge the card to increase validity by another 180 days and to carry forward the balance. If any card is not recharged during validity period of 180 days & grace period of 180 days i.e. for 360 days from last recharge; balance available on the card will lapse. However, security deposit of the card can be refunded as per applicable rules.
Smart Card when used as a Trip pass, is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase/reload. It contains 45 trips that are valid for 30 days. Trip pass is non- refundable and non- transferable. Unutilized trips cannot be carried forward. Passengers have to decide the origin and destination before purchasing a trip pass.
For more detail please contact Customer Care.
27. If Smart Card is used as a store value card, what is minimum recharge amount?
Smart Cards can be recharged by minimum value of Rs.100 and multiple of it.
28. Whom do I contact for queries related to online recharge of smart card?
For queries related to online recharge of Smart Card, you are requested to contact Customer Care Counters at any Metro Station or email us on email@example.com
29. What is the maximum value that can be stored in a Smart Card when used as store
Currently, we have fixed maximum value at Rs.3,000. However, it would be revised from time to time based on customer requirements and as per the RBI guidelines.
30. How have you ensured fare is rightly charged to Smart Card?
We have state of art automated fare collection system (AFC) installed at all the stations which ensures commuters are rightly charged. After each journey, screen at AFC gates display validity, balance etc.
31. How can I check validity & balance of my Smart Card?
Ticket Readers are available at all stations, they are located beside the TIM machines. In addition while passing through AFC, the same information will be flashed on the screen of AFC gate.
32.What is the minimum balance in Smart Card required to travel when used as store value card?
Smart Card must have a balance equal to maximum fare for entry through AFC.
33. Why AFC reader is rejecting Smart Card?
If the AFC reader detects more than one card (including other cards) during processing, the validation will fail. You will need to choose which card you want to use to pay for the fare and you should take it out of your wallet to touch it on the reader. In addition, one entry should be followed by one exit for the card to function properly.
34. What precautions are to be taken while using Smart Card?
At entry, wait for your turn and ensure that you display your Smart Card correctly on the AFC reader to your right. While exiting, the Smart Card should be displayed correctly again at the AFC Gate to avoid any kind of fine. Please note, left handed individuals have to take special note of this, since the validation of the Smart Card is on the right hand side of the individual.
35. What happens if I lose Smart Card while travelling?
If Smart Card is lost while travelling, you should approach Customer Care counter at the station you wish to exit. You will be permitted to exit after paying a fine of Rs. 50 and the maximum fare.
36. Can I get my lost Smart Card replaced?
You are requested to visit Customer Care Counter at any metro station and fill the lost smart card replacement form with your name, contact number and smart card number. The form can be submitted to the Customer Care Officer along with a photocopy of Govt. authorized photo identity proof. After verifying your details, a replacement of your lost smart card will be provided to you at a nominal charge of Rs 100. You will be provided with a replacement for your smart card after 3 working days.
37. I wish to block my lost smart card. What should I do?
You are requested to visit Customer Care Counter at any metro station and follow lost smart card replacement process. Lost smart card is blocked only when the replacement card is collected by the passenger.
Lost smart card number has to be provided by passenger.
38. How can I register my Smart Card to safe guard from loss etc.?
We will be shortly launching a personalized smart card service and the same will be announced through various information channels.
39. How do I get refund of security deposit?
On surrendering your Smart Card* at Customer Care of any metro station, you will be granted a refund of your security deposit and the value stored in your card after deducting processing charges as decided from time to time.
*properly working valid card without any physical damage
40. What do I do with a Smart Card which is not physically damaged but not working
Approach Customer Care. If the smart card is unreadable in the system, it needs to be deposited and a new smart card can be collected from the Customer Care office after 3 working days.
41. What can I do with a Smart Card which is physically damaged but properly working?
Obtain a new Smart Card by paying fresh deposit and transfer old data to the new card.
42. What is SVP Cash Back Scheme?
Mumbai Metro has introduced Cash Back on recharge of SVP and removed small discount of Rs. 2 | 3 | 5 offered on travel.
Recharge Amount (Rs.)
[No cash-back on Rs.100 recharge]
43.What are the major benefits of the Cash-Back scheme?
a) All customers will be now able to avail this scheme including those who travel shorter distances (0-2 km slab).
b) Customer will able to easily identify amount of cash-back earned while travelling by metro. For example, the customer recharging with Rs.1,000 will earn instant Cash-Back of Rs.100
c) The Cash-Back offered by metro is equal to travel balance, hence can be utilized 100% for travelling.
d) Cash back will be added to the SVP balance, as soon as a customer recharges SVP.
44. How is the cash back scheme different from earlier discount scheme?
Earlier customers enjoyed discounts while travelling in piece meal ranging from Rs.0 to Rs.5/-. Now it is instant Cash-Back given in one go against recharge. However, recharge value has to be higher to get maximum benefit (10% on Rs.600 & above). Higher the recharge value, higher the cash-back amount. The benefit is passed on to all customers and cash-back is 100% redeemable while travelling.
45.What are the re-structured fares? Or by how much has the fare been revised?
- SJT - There is no change in SJT Fares. Minimum fare continues to remain the same at Rs.10
- RJT – There is no change in RJT Fares.
- Trip Pass – This is most discounted product of Mumbai Metro One, in the process of restructuring we have increased cost of a trip by 50 paisa to around Re.1; inspite of increase the product offers discount in the range of 14 to 24%.
Old Price (Rs)
Discounted New Price
2 – 5 km
5 – 8 km
46. What happens to existing Trip Pass holders?
Existing Trip Pass holders can utilize the Trip Pass until expiry and thereafter choose to renew as 45 trip pass or store value pass on the same card. The security deposit need not be paid again if already paid.
47. How can customer avail the cash-back?
For customers recharging their SVP on 1st February 2019, or thereafter, the cash-back will be added to customer's SVP balance, as soon the SVP is recharged/ reloaded.
For example, if a customer does a recharge of Rs.500, the customer will be eligible for a cash-back of Rs.40. Cash-back will immediately get added to the recharge amount i.e Rs.540 will be added to the existing balance
To avail this cash-back, SVP cards needs to be inserted into TIM. Cash-back amount will get added to existing balance in the card. Deadline to complete this activity is 31st March 2019.
48.Is there any cash-back on purchase/ reload of Trip Pass?
On trip pass discount is immediately passed on, there is no extra cash-back.
49. Will the cash-back be available on reload or travel amount?
The cash-back will be credited on the basis of reload/ recharge amount.
50. 10. Will I be eligible to receive cash-back, if I recharge my SVP through PayTM, Ridlr, Instacharge, Skiiip
Yes, you can reload/ recharge your SVP through any online medium or mobile phone and you will be eligible for cash-back as per slab.
51. If I change from a SVP to Trip Pass, without claiming the cash-back amount from TIM, will I lose the cash-back amount or will be adjusted in the cost of the Trip Pass?
In this case, the cash-back amount is forfeited. Hence customers are requested to collect cash-back amount before refund.
52.What will happen to refund of SVP?
W.e.f. 1/2/2019; all refund of SVP will be subject to 10% deduction from remaining travel value amount; security deposit of Rs.50 will be fully refundable as per current policy if card returned in good physical condition.
53. What is a token?
A token is a valid ticket issued for journey to travel on metro.
54. How many tokens can be issued at a time?
At a time a maximum 6 tokens can be issued to a single person.
55. Can one purchase return journey token for travel?
56. What is the validity of Token?
Travel tokens are valid for travel throughout the day (end of business day).
57. Can unused token be returned?
Passengers will be eligible for refund if unused token is returned on the same day of purchase and only from the station of origin. In case of RJT, if one trip is utilized, no refund will be provided for the unused trip.
58. What precautions are to be taken while using travel token?
At entry wait for your turn to properly display your travel token on the AFC reader to your right, and while exiting ensure travel token is dropped at AFC gate to avoid any kind of fine. Return Journey Token holders have to collect the token from token holder have of the AFC Gate, after 1st journey.
59. What happens if I lose travel token while travelling?
If a travel token is lost while travelling, you should approach Customer Care counter at the station you wish to exit and exit by paying a fine of Rs. 50 and the maximum fare.
60. Can I travel from any station after purchase of token?
No, travel tokens are valid for travel from station where it has been purchased
61. I have purchased a token to travel from Versova to Ghatkopar, now I plan to cancel my travel.Can I get refund?
After entry through AFC gates, token cannot be refunded. Smart Card with store value has this flexibility.
62. Can I make an entry using token and exit using smart card or vice versa?
No, You have to use the same medium to make an entry and a corresponding exit.
63. Can I extend my journey beyond destination?
Yes, by paying difference in fare, you can extend your journey beyond your destination; at exit contact Customer Care for the same.
64. I wish to collect a token as a souvenir, do I have to purchase journey token for the same?
It is an offence to collect travel tokens as souvenir.
65. How long does it take to travel from Versova to Ghatkopar?
One can travel by metro from Versova to Ghatkopar or vice versa in just under 25 minutes. The same journey by road during peak hours, takes more than an hour.
66. What is the frequency of train?
• The headway between each train on Weekdays (Monday to Saturday) will be 3.33 minutes at peak hours and 8 minutes at non-peak hours. The headway between each train on Sundays or Public Holidays will be 8 minutes.
The 1st train* will leave from Versova at 05:18 hrs and VIVO Ghatkopar at 05:28 hrs.
The last train* from Versova will leave at 23:18 hrs. The last train from VIVO Ghatkopar will leave at 23:40 hrs.
• *Train timings are subject to change from time to time, please contact Customer Care at station for an update on the same
67. Which stations are directly connected to suburban railways?
Bank of Baroda Andheri for Western Railways and Vivo Ghatkopar for Central Railways
68. How long will a metro train stop on the platform?
Depending on number of commuters boarding/alighting, the time will vary from 15 to 30 seconds.
69. How do I come to know about the next departing train?
On concourse & platform level, there are Passenger information display (LCDs), which will provide information regarding next train.
70. Do trains have reserved seats for ladies, senior citizens & physically challenged?
All trains have seats which are reserved for pregnant women, senior citizens, differently abled and passenger with infants. There is a reserved space for differently abled passengers travelling on wheel chairs as well.
71. Does Mumbai Metro have reserved coaches for ladies?
Yes, part of last coach while travelling from Versova to Ghatkopar and similarly part of first coach while traveling from Ghatkopar to Versova is reserved for ladies.
72. Is there a time limit within which one has to exit from station?
Yes, same station exit must be made in 20 minutes and exit from other stations within 75 minutes. Overstay will result in a fine of Rs.10/hour to a maximum of Rs.50 for each passenger
73. What happens if token/card does not function at AFC (entry or exit)?
You would need to approach Customer Care desk located near the Entry/Exit AFC Gates.
74. How many luggage can a commuter carry?
A commuter is allowed to carry goods other than baggage containing personal belongings not exceeding 60 cm x 45cm x 25 cm in size and 15 kilogram in gross weight, except with the prior approval of the metro railway administration. However, commuters are requested to carry least no. of luggage during peak hour (08:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 05:00 PM to 8:00 PM).
75. What is the time table of metro service?
The headway between each train on Weekdays (Monday to Saturday) will be 3.33 minutes at peak hours and 8 minutes at non-peak hours. The headway between each train on Sundays or Public Holidays will be 8 minutes.
Metro system generally does not have a time table.
76. When is the 1st & last train?
Versova to VIVO Ghatkopar 05:18
VIVO Ghatkopar to Versova 05:28
Versova to VIVO Ghatkopar 23:18 VIVO Ghatkopar to Versova 23:40
*Train timings are subject to change from time to time, please contact Customer Care at station for an update on the same.
77. How does one get assistance incase of emergency while travelling in Metro Train?
All coaches of metro train are equipped with Passenger Emergency Communication Unit (PECU) to contact train operator who in turn informs staff at next metro station for support. Misuse of PECU will attract fine of Rs.1000. All the coaches are also equipped with CCTV cameras, which will be used to keep a close watch on the miscreants.
78. How do I come to know when my exit station is approaching?
Exit doors have an alignment map indicating stations traveled so far & upcoming stations. In addition, there are periodic announcements regarding the same.
79. Unlike Suburban railways, will there be fast & slow train?
No, metro line has 2 tracks; one for up journey & other for down journey.
80. Are pets allowed in train?
No, pets are not allowed in a metro train.
81. Why metro don’t run 24X7?
There are various maintenance activities which need to be carried out when the train is not running, hence it is necessary to give a break in operation.
82. Will there be extended service during special occasion like New Year?
Please follow announcements at stations / other communication media (Facebook/Twitter etc.) to know about extended hours of services during festive seasons.
83. What are the facilities provided to commuters at stations?
For the convenience of commuters each station has multiple access through staircase, escalators and lifts. In addition, commuters can avail facilities like first aid boxes etc. These can be availed by contacting us through station Customer Care.Food & Beverage outlets and ATM Facility are also available for customers.
84. Do metro stations have parking facility and how much do they charge?
MCGM has arranged for limited parking facilities in & around stations, please follow road signs for the same.
85. Is there any restriction on vehicle traffic in & around stations?
You need to follow the restrictions imposed by traffic police.
86. How many entry & exit does a station have?
All stations have multiple entry and exit through staircase, escalators and lifts.
87. Are stations friendly to the visually impaired?
All stations have tactile flooring for guiding the visually impaired.
88. How are commuters guided within stations?
All stations have proper signages installed for guiding commuters.
89. How can I avail facilities like first aid boxes etc. at a Metro Station?
You are requested to kindly contact Customer Care at stations & ask for assistance.
90. How do I trace my lost article/item, do you have lost & found counter?
Yes, We have a Lost and Found Centre at Andheri Metro Station platform level – which is open on every Monday and Friday, between 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM.You can contact Customer Care at any station; they will provide all necessary assistance
91. Does Metro train have a toilet?
No toilet facility is available in Metro train; however toilet facility is available at all metro stations.
92. Are there retail outlets in stations?
For the convenience of commuters, we have arranged to set-up ATMs, Convenience Stores, Cafes, various other retail outlets offering refreshment and other products to meet some of the daily requirements of commuters.
93. Where platforms have been separated by tracks, how can I change a platform?
To change platform, where it is separated by tracks; commuters are advised to come down to the concourse level and climb up the stairs or use the escalator on the opposite side.
94. Does metro have porter service?
A commuter is allowed to carry only a cabin baggage for which no porter service will be required.
95. What steps has been taken to ensure safety & security?
CCTV is provided for continuous surveillance and monitoring both in train and on platforms. A Video Transmission System (VTS) is provided in the train, so that central control can monitor all that is happening inside the compartment in a running train. This is a new system that is being provided for the first time in India. Additionally, a thorough Security check is undertaken with - baggage scanning machines, Door Frame Metal Detectors and Hand Held Metal Detectors
96. What steps has been taken to manage crowd and avoid chaotic situation?
We have deployed sufficient staffs at all levels of the station to manage crowd.
97. How have you ensured security of commuters, especially woman?
Security personnel are deployed round the clock for ensuring security of commuters.
98. Whom do I contact if any hazardous article/unusual occurrence are observed at a station?
Promptly inform the nearest metro security personnel, metro employee or the police
99. How do I identify a Metro employee?
All employees would be wearing Metro uniform and can be identified easily
100. What happens when platforms gets over crowded?
Sufficient staff are deployed at stations to avoid any such situation. The stations have adequate holding area to avoid crowding at platform level. Also, Station Control will be monitoring the platform on CCTVs and if there is overcrowding at the platform, the entry to platform will be stopped for some time.
101. What happens if a passenger falls down on the track, when there are no trains?
Our personnel are deployed at the stations to take care of such situations.
102. What happens if train stops between station?
Do not panic, in case of any such eventuality, our control center would advise passengers accordingly through in-train announcements. Adequate safety measures are in place to safely evacuate passengers in case of any unforeseen event.
103. What happens at the time of emergency?
At the time of emergency, commuters may be asked to vacate trains/stations. The facilities have been designed and staffs have been trained to ensure a smooth exit.
104. Where can a Metro passenger lodge a Police Complaint?
A police complaint can be lodged at Andheri Police Station (below Andheri Metro Station). This is a central police station for all complaints pertaining to Mumbai Metro.
105. Does metro station have an emergency phone?
Please get in touch with Customer Care at stations for your emergency needs.
106. Who has certified safety of the project?
CMRS (Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety) under the Metro Act, 2002 has certified the safety of the Project.
107. If I have a feedback/suggestion/query or complaint, what do I do?
You can contact our call centre at:
Phone: +91-22-3031 0900;
Email: customercare@reliancemumbai metro.com
or get in touch with our Customer Care at stations.
108. Can I purchase a platform ticket?
Commuters can purchase token equal to minimum fare to visit paid area of the same station.
109. What happens if I exit from same station?
Token commuters will have to deposit the token while exiting within 20 minutes from the same station to avoid penalty.
110. Is there any refund for delayed journey?
Mumbai Metro is not legally obliged to make refunds when commuters are delayed. However, if train service is interrupted where no trains are available for travel for more than 15 minutes; commuters can approach Customer Care & seek a refund.
111. What are different offences and penalties on Mumbai Metro? How they will be collected?
Various offences & penalties are displayed at stations and on the website, which are collected through Customer Care.
112. If I got pick-pocket, where do to report the case?
You would need to report the theft to our Security Personnel at the station or contact the Andheri Police Station (Andheri East, below metro station)
113. How is the train door closing managed? What happens if any door of a train does not close?
Door closing is managed by the Train Operator. The Train Operator has a clear view of the entire platform and would be aware in case of any such eventuality. The trains are designed not to move till such time all doors are safely closed.
114. How well the people have been trained to manage various function of the Metro Train?
The personnel deployed at the stations have been given adequate training to take care of all eventualities. In addition, the Operation Control Centre (OCC) has full view of the entire operation at all times.
115. How do I find out current availability of service or planned non-availability of service?
Non-availability of services is communicated through various mediums like Call Centre, Twitter, Facebook, station notice board, Customer Care etc.
116. What will happen if there are excess commuters in a coach & the train door does not close?
Trains will not move unless and until all doors are safely closed. Hence, it is the duty of all commuters to ensure that such incident does not arise and trains are not delayed due to the same. During peak hour there are trains every 4 minutes, we request all additional commuters to de-board and take the next train. Additionally, there are attendants at all station platforms to assist commuters & ensure non-occurrence of such incidents.
117. If I have to travel from Versova to CST, can I purchase a direct ticket?
If you are a regular commuter on Mumbai Metro, kindly obtain a Smart Card to travel in the metro system and to avoid standing in queues. You will have to obtain a separate suburban pass for travelling on suburban railway. CST is connected through both Andheri and Ghatkopar.
118. Will there be ticket checker in train?
There will be random checking of ticket in the train/station. The metro works on a closed system basis wherein a passenger has to buy the ticket to enter the train and also while exiting the ticket is checked by the system.
119. What happens at the time of electricity failure?
The entire power system has been set up to avoid any such eventuality. However, all emergency evacuation procedure will be working incase of any such incident.
120. During adverse weather conditions (like heavy rains) will your service get affected?
No, metro systems have been designed to withstand adverse weather conditions.
121. Does Mumbai Metro have a facebook / twitter account?
Yes, you can get in touch with us through these accounts.
122. Can commuters take photograph/video in station/train?
No, photography/videography is prohibited in station & train for security reasons.
123. Do you intend to involve citizens as volunteers?
Yes, metro is a national property and we need to make most out of it. We will love to have citizens to act as volunteers; please get in touch with our Customer Care for further information on the same.
124. Do station/trains have Wi-Fi internet connectivity?
We have WiFi connectivity at stations and in trains, please get in touch with Customer Care for further details on the same.
125. Are hawkers allowed in train?
No hawkers are allowed in our train or station premises. It is a punishable offence
126. Will I get mobile network inside metro/station?
127. Where do the trains get parked and maintained?
Trains are stabled at our depot at DN Nagar where all maintenance activity is carried out.
128. Is there a feeder bus service to metro stations?
BEST has introduced two dedicated feeder routes for metro commuters details of which are available at all stations.
129. Has metro helped to reduce pollution?
Metro systems are pollution free.
130. Is there a first class compartment as well?
No, metro trains do not have different classes.
131. Can I carry a licensed gun in metro?
No, under normal circumstances; the passengers are not allowed to carry licensed gun onboard. However, after taking prior approval of security in-charge one may carry licensed arms & ammunition in a metro.